Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The iPad: A month in ...

So, I bit the bullet and bought the iPad - ordered it online so I even got my free engraving:
Backofmyipad
Not going to bore you with a long winded review - here's some points at the end of the first month.

Things I Hate:
  • File management - or the complete and utter lack there of! 
  • Inability to search for text within files
  • The Keyboard and in particular its lack of cursor keys

Things that are Annoyances:

  • Apps that fail to be rotation aware
  • Apps that are marked as “universal” and are just the unmodified iPhone apps
  • iTunes as the default management tool
  • Lack of Adobe Air and Flash Support

Things I still Love:

  • Power Management
  • The Retina Screen
  • The uniformity (mostly) of application aesthetics and functionality
  • The killer apps that made me choose the ipad over the Android
    • the ones that make Social media consumption easy (Flipboard and Zite)
    • the one that makes non-DRM & PDF reading and annotation so easy (Goodreader)

 

[Reposted from xntrek]

No comments: