Wednesday, August 03, 2005

just babbling ...

Sorry I haven't made any posts in the last two days, I've been off in la-la-land. What with it being my birthday yesterday and this also being my last week with the employer that has been a world of entertainment.

It used to be that when someone gave their notice, they'd finish up their tasks and be shown the door as soon as possible. Not due to any disrespect, but basic human characteristics means that any motivation to be productive when you've completed all your tasks and are about to leave opens the possibility of said soon-to-be-ex-employee wandering the halls looking to converse with people.

So, that's what I'm doing now ... all my tasks are completed (even the extra bullshite ones that were dumped on me to "keep me busy") and they just want me to sit at my desk until the week is over. Such a waste of time ... my time specifically.

So, so, so bored!

I didn't do much to celebrate last night, sat at home with my partner, ate some BBQ Chook, drank a bottle of Brown Brothers Dolcetta and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

Anyhow, I've got a big night planned on Friday as it's my resignation (freedom?) party with a phenomenal night set up in the VIP room of Ffour (very cool blade-runner set style bar in the Melbourne CBD) and followed by some dinner with friends at Tony Starr's Kitten Club (another very hip establishment in the Melbourne CBD) and plenty of Aspirins set aside for Saturday morning.

I've gone off and purchased myself a nice suit from the coolest clothing store in Melbourne - Anton's - which is a 1920's speakeasy meets Jazz meets the naughties black suit with green pinstripes and a Betty Page shirt. Looks awesome and just screams NuRetro style.

I'm just babbling now ... so I'm off home.

No comments: