Sunday, August 14, 2005

What a week!

Wow, here we are at the end of the second week of August already!

In the last fortnight, I've come another year closer to my use-by date, I've resigned and left my previous employer, I've flown up to Sydney and attended a conference, had some Monday night madness (see previous post), flown back to Melbourne, had some coffee with some old work colleagues, built half a retaining wall in the backyard, went out for some dinner with one of my best friends in celebration of her getting closer to her use-by date and am currently preparing to celebrate my dad's 65th tonight at a surprise party we've organised for him.

Phew!

Tomorrow I start my new life as a Solutions Architect with a worldwide Professional Services organisation ... I hear from my contacts in said company, that my name has already been bandied about in relation to a number of projects ... so it promises to be an interesting and exciting time.

Life in general is good, not too much to rant about at the moment, which is why (along with the aforementioned busy-ness) I haven't made too many entries lately.

I finally (after 4-odd years of fighting, grovelling and waiting) have had my ADSL service approved. I received my Modem/Router and central splitter by courier, went about installing everything ... and nothing.

Seems a technician forgot about the part of ACTIVATING the port at the exchange after approving it. So, I now have to wait for the Helstra people to work out their bums from their thumbs and get that back in order for me.

Well, that's about it for today ... I'm off to pick up some dry cleaning, and then get ready for tonight. I'm sure I'll report in tomorrow with news of my first day at the new place.

TTFN.

No comments: